Wednesday, May 19, 2010

You can get with this or you can get with that.

I am at a corssroads. I'm not sure what I want to do with my hair anymore. I have been thinking about chemically altering my hair for some time now. So, instead, I blow-dried my hair about a week ago just so I could get an idea of how long it was. It's pretty decent. I bunned the whole week that I had it blow dried. Then I feverishly co-washed to get my curls back.

This week I just up and got a Dominican Blow-out. Yeah, that's right. I'm not gonna lie, I missed my long, blowing in the wind hair. I was never so glad to feel my scalp! LOL My hair feels so soft & silky. (SMH) But is does. It feels good. It's kind of "poufing" up a little because of the humidity, but it still feels good. The experience wasn't a bad one. The only thing I hate is that my ends need a good trimming and I just got that done in January (2 inches when I went to Urbanbella). What the heck is going on with my hair that my ends are that raggedy? Well, I haven't been sealing them and maybe I need to change my routine up. I don't want to have to trim all the time.

At this point, I'm really trying to figure out what I want to do with my hair. Do I remain natural, go back to relaxing, or go the "in-between route" and do a texturizer. I do know I am enjoying my almost str8 hair today. I had curled it a bit this morning, but the curls didn't want to stay - except for in the front, so I clipped my hair up like in the old days. I hadn't been able to do that in 2 years.

I miss my long hair!!!!!!!!!!!!! At the same time, I like the freedom of having natural hair. I like being able to wash my hair in the shower, shake it out, and go on about my business. At the same time, I am loving being able to have str8 hair today. Maybe I can just stay natural and get my hair str8nd every few weeks so as not to get bored. I don't know, but I am quite "smitten" with my look today. I am feeling more and more awesome every day and it's showing.

No comments:

Post a Comment