Saturday, May 29, 2010

Resilience

Resilience is defined (on dictionary.com) as the power or ability to return to the original form, position, etc, after being bent, compressed, or stretched; elasticity.

This word best describes my hair. This month has been really something as far as my hair is concerned. I blew it out the 2nd week of May and then the next week I went and got a Dominican Blowout. I finally wet my hair this week and it went right back to those tight coily spirals that I have grown to love. I was almost a little worried that my hair would not revert back, but within 5 minutes of rinsing my hair in the shower, it was back to waves and coils.

Some of my hair coiled even tighter than it did prior to my blow-outs. It was funny to feel this one little section in the back all tightly coiled. Now this is what I call "good hair". I am one of the lucky ones. When I was relaxing my hair I could leave the chemical on for twice the recommended time and still be ok. I could work the chemical down the entire hair shaft and still be ok. There were a lot of things that I did to my hair that were not great, but my hair always pulled through.

As I am going through this time of "hair uncertainty" it's nice to know that no matter what I do with my hair, my hair will have my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment