Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Update: Reshma Henna

Here I am again slacking on posting - too much going on. I used the Reshma henna and why did I love it? LOL since the Reshma comes in 200g boxes I only have to mix one for a full henna application - convenient. One thing I noticed about the Reshma henna – that stuff had almost IMMEDIATE dye release!!! I was almost afraid to let it sit because I thought I would miss the window for dye/color uptake to my hair.

I haven't been mixing my henna with honey like I should have been the past few times, so the rinse out has not been as seamless as in previous applications where I have mixed in the honey. I have just bought a new bottle of honey, and I promise to always keep some in my stash. Not only do I mix it with my henna just prior to application, but I also use it when I make my deep conditioning, and it's also a wonderful and healthy alternative to cough syrup.

I was supposed to henna last night, but couldn’t since I wasn’t going to be home. I have tonight at home, but really want to relax, so I will wait until a week from Saturday before I henna again. That will put me back on track for bi-weekly henna applications.

I gotta say though, I’m still trying to make sense of this henna thing. I see the color change in my hair from sandy brown to a cherry brown/burgundy, but I still don’t understand “full color saturation” and what it truly means. From what I thought I understood, full color saturation happens when your hair will not become any darker from the henna applications – which I’ve heard usually happens anywhere between the 3rd and 5th application. Now, understanding this, can certain henna lighten your hair? I will have to say that would be doubtful. The only reason I am even trying to figure this out is because it seems that since using the Reshma henna, my hair has a different “glow”. In the picture to the left you can see the glow really well.

I think it’s time for me to start doing a little more research on henna. I know how henna changes your hair color, but I need to figure out if colors can be altered. I mean I guess if a different brand was used it could/would cause different effects on the hair. This sounds like a good science project! Let me talk to my son. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment