Thursday, October 29, 2009

Tired of the Wet Look

Earlier this week I decided to shampoo my hair - which I know I hadn't done in about 2 months. My hair felt so good to be clean. I also love the smell of Kinky Curly Knot Come Clean. The citrus smell is great. I followed up my shampooing with the Kinky Curly Knot Today. I love how that stuff makes my hair feels.

I followed up my freshly shampooed mane by adding some of my Lemon Cake Batter - that's it. I just have a fro - no flopping, not dripping wet hair, no wet looking curls - none of that. I just wanted a nice, soft fro that didn't flop in the middle. I can't that by weighing my hair down with gels.

For whatever reason, I was just tired of using gel and my HIF Disease wasn't helping. I didn't like the gel residue that was starting to accumulate on my hair. It left my hands sticky & tacky, so who knows what all of that was doing to my hair.
My "cake batter" definately has my hair feeling as soft as a cloud. I'm enjoying my "big" hair and wearing a fro that sits up instead of automatically flopping in the top/middle.
Just looking back at my "hair journal", I am just at a loss for words. I have had so many differnt looks over the past 14 months since my BC. Natural hair is where it's at. I can have a super soft cloud of a fro one day, super defined coils the next day, 2-strand twists the next day, I mean my hair is just so versatile. I love it more and more each day.
What do you bet that tomorrow I wake up end up having a head full of gel because I want defined coils? LOL, well, at least I have that option.

No comments:

Post a Comment