Friday, September 11, 2009

Visiting an Old Friend


With all of the talk about Kinky Curly Curling Custard on some of the hairboards I frequent, I decided to revisit it since I had some just sitting under my bathroom sink taking up space. After my pretty decent experience with my Lemon Cake Batter, I didn't see the need to "hover" with it.


This morning I co-washed with Suave Vanilla Flower, then I added some Kinky Curly Knot Today with the Curling Custard on top. This time it took way less product to get a more than favorable result. I am excited.....again! Seems like I had fallen out of love with the KCCC and had moved on - or so I thought.


I think that all of my henna-ing to no end has helped with product application and not needing so much. I had heard that was one of the benefits, but really hadn't seen it yet. Well, after my 6th henna, I am finally seeing that benefit.


Now, what does this mean? Well, I'm not sure. How long will I continue to drop $30 on some KCCC? I guess I'll have to see. I can't lie, my hair looks good today and it took little to no effort at all. I can't complain, and I really do like the product.
To be honest, I really did miss it. But what about it did I miss exactly? Was it the smell? The texture? How it makes my coils sit, hang, and command attention? I missed all of it. Yes, my long Aid Activator is very comparable, but it doesn't quite do what KCCC does for my hair.
Welcome back old friend. It really was good to see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment