Sunday, September 6, 2009

My Pastor Talked About it This Morning


Y'all....I went to church this morning - all ready to receive the word of GOD and of course I always love it when Rev. Alexander "brings it". LOL So, he preached from Daniel and talked about the "fiery furnace" and Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. I always love when he preaches about this story. Heck, I like when anyone preaches/talks about it. Madea/Tyler Perry always says "Shadrach, Meshach, and ABillyGoat", and someone else I know says "Shadrach, Meshach, and ABadNegro". LOL


Anyway, Rev. Alexander went off on that racism tip today - which was right up my alley. I was ready to hear this and I was all up into it. Now, mind you, I will be paraphrasing what he said today since I don't have the CD from today's service (yet). So, Rev. was talking about how Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego had their names changed from what their given names were and compared that to "black folks" today. How when we came here from Africa we were Niggers & Nigras. Then we became Negroes. Then we were "colored", and after that we became African American. And now we are just BLACK - which is the "cousin" to "colored". LOL


Oh, but the killing part was when he talked about how "we" in "the club" (you know the club - US - Us 'Black Folk') have to "try to fit in" to "the world". HAHAHAH Man, it was so funny....but when he busted us out for using "conk" and "frying our hair" to fit into "society" I thought I would die! Oh, but it gets better. He said, "yeah, we moved on from that to 'wearing other people's hair"!!!! Ooooh-weeeee!!!! LMAO


It is 6:00pm and I am still laughing about it. Rev. was saying, "no wonder we're confused, we don't even know what we really look like." HAHAHAH Oh lord. LOL I am still dying behind that. I can't wait to get the CD. Oh, and if I get the DVD, I will be posting it on YouTube.


Let me tell you, if I wasn't already napptural, I sure would have shut it down and quit perming after that message! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment