Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Henna'd Up....again.


Well, I am on scedule for my bi-weekly henna dates with my holy grail henna - MDH Henna Powder. I henna'd Friday night with no problem. I had mixed my henna by 2:30pm and and by 6:00 I already had dye release and the henna was already in my hair. Around 10:00 - 10:30 I was already rinsing and applying my deep conditioner mix of Hello Hydration, EVOO, and honey for an overnight deep conditioning treatment.


With my henna being in the deep freezer I think I am on point to purchase as much as I want and just stash it downstairs in the deep freezer. Man, yeah, I am about to be on a roll now. I'm trying to figure out if I can mix my henna in the mornings and apply when I get home or if the dye release will have been long gone y that time. I mean, the first time I henna'd it was cool to have it there for like 10 - 12 hours or so and it did color my hair, so I am guessing that it would be ok. However, I could always mix it at work and carry the henna back & forth. LOL Really though? That is way too much. I guess I could mix the henna before I leave for work. It would definately be ready for application once I got home though.


This time, I did something different during the henna process. I co-washed my hair after I rinsed most of the henna out. I used the Suave Coconut to co-wash and it worked very well. I also kept gloves on for most of the time (application as well as rinsing process) so that I wouldn't have the Cheeto effect going on. I'm trying to figure out if there is anything else I could be doing during the henna process that would make things easier or better. I guess I'll keep reading and learning. If any of you have any tips or suggetions, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment