Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hair & Weight and Weight & Hair

As I sit here, just thinking about how I have been slipping with the blogging, I do have some good reasoning behind it. Work for one has become a bit more demanding and it is our busiest time of year so that leaves me with very little free time during the week.

My main focus over the past few months has been my hair and my weight. With my hair, it wasn't so simple. I had to be able to find the right products for my hair within a reasonable budget. I also had to find the right styling method(s) as well as a night time routine. I mean it could have all been overwhelming - but it wasn't. For the most part, I don't have/use expensive products. I am fortunate - my hair behaves very well, and because I continue to use the same products, if I tried something and my hair were to turn out horrible, I would know exactly what product to "ban" from my regimen.



Adding the bi-weekly henna is time consuming but worth it. My hair is loving it and I am loving the results. My hair is so much softer than it ever was. I also can "go light" on the rpoduct usage as well. I'm tripping because my hair is thick, but now I am at the point where it is not necessary to use insane amounts of product to get the same results I was getting maybe 2 - 3 months ago.




I think I am a bit obsessed with my hair, but it's ok. LOL Now my weight, that's something else. I've lost 29 pounds this year with no sign of stopping. It's been rough too. I'm not even gonna lie. But I am loving the new me. I feel so much better. Although I am no where near my goal, I am totally motivated by the fit of my pants. Sure, it's annoying to keep having to pull them up, but it's alot better to do that than to have to unbutton them because they are cutting into your skin!

It may be funny, but that has been a real truth for me. My eating had gotten out of control. I was eating just for the sake of eating. I was eating because I was bored or just because I felt like eating...and eating whatever I want, too, just as if there was no consequence. I have finally seen the light and refuse to go back.

2 comments:

  1. What did you do to lose all that weight? I'm currently trying to lose 15 lbs to 20lbs and its been difficult for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on the weight loss! that is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete