Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Dior Make-Up Counter in Macy's

Alright ladies. I been on the hair boards for over a year now and blogging since March or so and those who know of me know that I don't do the make-up thing. I only wear it for special occasions. The most I do is mascara and lipstick/gloss - that's it - nothing more. So, ans I was walking through Macy's and the Dior lady approached me, I decided to give it a shot. What the heck - they would clean my face and apply expenisive make-up for free. What's not to like?


So first they clean my face with some cleanser, apply toner, and some eye serum. Of course....all while telling me how much I need the products to take care of my skin - that's a part of the game. Anyway, the cleansing was awesome, and they almost had me sold on buying the stuff, but my skin looks great just like it is.

Next came the application of the make-up. It all felt soo good. The foundation was in a spray can like a can of paint and it looked nice when I saw my face with nothing but the foundation on it. That make-up artist put everything on my face: foundation, bronzer, blush, eyeshadow, eye liner, mascara, lip liner, lip stick, lip gloss - all kids of stuff. The final look at myself was somthing different. Part of me liked it and part of me felt like it really wasn't me at all.

The real test was going to be what my 15 year old son thought of me when he saw it. His initial reaction was cool. He said it wasn't "too much", so I figured it was ok. I walked through the mall with someone elses face on me. When I went home to the rest of my family, I would know the deal.


Even before my family saw it I decided to take pictures - I mean, seeing as how I had about $1,000 worth of Dior product on my face, I felt like I should capture the moment. So, I started to take pictures. That's when I noticed............the mask!!!! WTF?!?!?!?! This so-called make-up artist for Dior didn't even blend the make-up in. You could see the whole "line" around my face...and the damn foundation wasn't even the right color - it was too light!!!!



When I looked at those pictures I was horrified! I mean, dang, I had just walked through the mall looking like that! *sigh* Lord have mercy. See, that's why I don't trust people with my face. I just don't. ....and she was supposed to be a professional, a paid and trained professional. ...and not just any professional.......a Christian Dior make-up artist. Are you kidding me? By the time I got home - which was 45 minutes, this stuff lookedlike it was practically melting off of my face! How disappointing is/was that?


I'll let y'all be the judges. Look at the pictures:











Needless to say, as soon as I saw this mess, I went right to my bathroom and scrubbed all of that mess off of my face except for the eye make-up and lip color. I still feel like the natural color of my face hasn't returned. Dayum! After I got home from College Gameday @ the Georgia Dome and Centinnial Olympic Park, I took a shower and proceeded to scrub until my face was like I like it - clean and pure.

No comments:

Post a Comment