Friday, September 18, 2009

Date Night

Yep, its date night and unfortunately it’s not with my husband. This time it’s with henna. LOL Yep, time for my bi-weekly henna application. I am undecided as to how I feel about it. I almost feel like it’s too soon to henna again, but whatever.

As I type this, there is henna sitting on my desk (@ work) getting “ripe” for this evening’s application. After 4 hours of sitting, it looks like there has been some dye release. I am undecided as to the process will take this time.

I will mix in the honey before application – as usual; however, I am unsure as to how I will go through the rinsing process and DC (deep condition). I want to stop by Wal-Mart and get some Hello Hydration & Hydralicious to do my regular DC, but as tired as I am, I don’t know if I will feel like it.

I know good and well that I am not going to use my Giovanni to do the DC. LOL …and I don’t think that Suave will cut it for the DC – so it looks like I will have to go and drop about $8.50 in Wal-Mart this evening for my DC supplies. At least I still have honey and olive oil. I am going to have to buy bigger bottles – especially if I am going to henna every other week.

Not that it’s a big deal to buy bigger bottles – I mean; I already buy the $5.00 bottle of Hello Hydration. I just wish that Hydralicious came in a big $5.00 bottle or that Wal-Mart sold their own brand of it. Kmart sells their own store brand knock off of Hello Hydration, but I really don’t shop Kmart like that to know about their store brand products, so I left it sitting there.

I’m not even sure how long I’m gonna leave the henna in. I don’t know anything! LOL I was thinking of leaving it in at least 4 – 6 hours. If I happen to fall asleep and it’s in longer, no big deal. If I can manage to stay home tomorrow, the DC will stay in all day. Well, I guess it could still stay in all day because if I needed to go out, I could just wear a head wrap. That’s an option.

Now that I think about it, I need the henna out by like 11:00pm so I can DC over night. I don’t want to leave the DC in too long. All day until the next morning seems like a long time. I better just keep this going the way I’ve been doing it.

I see now that I am gonna have to freestyle this henna application. I’m tripping. I want to get maximum color, conditioning, and curl elongation, so the henna will have to stay on until morning and then DC for maybe 4 hours. I just need my hair dry before bed-time Saturday night. This plan should work – I guess. If I wash the henna out around 7:00am and then leave the DC in until at least 11:00am, I should be good to go. I might pick up a VO5 to co-wash the henna from my hair too.

I guess I’ll just see how I feel about it all when I get home. 4 more hours to go…

No comments:

Post a Comment