Friday, August 14, 2009

Product Review: Under Picasso Moon's Shealoe Ferox Butter



All right. You want it, I'm gonna give it to you straight - no chaser! So a few months ago I realized I needed heavier products on my hair. My hair was getting longer and thicker and most of the gels and things I have been using were not giving it the weight and moisture I needed. Someone suggested I look into "butters" and I did.

In one of my previous posts, "Butters Butters Everywhere" , I highlighted and talked about a lot of different butters. I visited a lot of different websites looking for the best product at the best price. In the nautral hair world there are a lot of trusted and recommended websites where a lot of the ladies make their purchases. I visited them all. But for some reason, I kept searching for something else. But what exactly was I looking for?

*I wasn’t sure what I was looking for, but I would know when I found it.* My search took me on to eBay. I entered “shealoe” in the search box and just went down the list. One listing in particular jumped out at me. It was labeled as: “Body Butter - Shealoe Ferox - All Natural Ingredients!”

I clicked the eBay ad and began to read. The ad seemed very sincere – like I was actually talking to someone about their product. All of the ingredients are natural, and the product is home made. This product is made by someone who had a family member who had extreme sensitivity to mainstream products that are sold in stores. This prompted the seller to start making products on her own in order to help a family member. What a story. I was intrigued to say the least.


Just that little bit of info along with the low price of $4.75 (plus $2.92 shipping) for a 4oz jar was enough for me to try this shealoe butter out. Well, when I made my purchase “Nikki” was out of town on vacation and stated that any of her regular customers who purchased from her during her vacation time would receive a 10% discount for her appreciation of their continued business. Well, I wasn't a regular customer so I didn't worry about it. I didn’t even see the notice until after I made my purchase, but hey, I was fine with not getting the discount, and I was fine with waiting until she returned from vacation to receive the goods.



“Nikki” sent the package and to my surprise she included my 10% discount in a small snack-sized Ziploc baggie. She also included a bag of dried calendula flowers as a “thank you” along with a personalized hand written note. By this time I was already impressed with her customer service although I hadn’t tried the actual product yet.

So, the shealoe came in a cute little dark blue jar with her own product label on one side and the ingredient label on the other side(I'll come back to list the ingredients). Everything looked “all good”. I opened the jar and looked at the product…..

It didn’t seem “extra” just by looking at it. I smelled it. It smelled a lot like Shea Butter I had smelled before – kind of reminded me of how crayons smell. Oh, but when I touched it…it was so light and airy. It almost felt like touching whipped cream! I rubbed just a little on the back of my hand and OMG!!!! I can’t tell you the last time something felt so good on my skin! At that point, I didn’t give a hoot if it worked for my hair or not because it sure had my hand feeling like silk. I could hardly wait for the next morning’s co-wash to try it out on my hair.

So, after the next day’s co-wash, I added the shealoe to my hair, and just as I suspected…my lord!!!!! That stuff had my hair feeling all kinds of amazing! This heavenly shealoe had my hair singing in appreciation!

Not only do I use this on my hair, but my skin, my daughter’s hair, my husband’s skin, etc, etc. I had to email “Nikki” and get her to hook me up with a 1 pound jar! She’s amazing. She said she would get on it and let me know when she has it ready for purchase.

I’m in love y’all. I told “Nikki” that she had a customer for as long as she was making the product. So, if you’re looking for some amazing Shealoe Butter, just do a search for “Shealoe Ferox” on eBay and her Shealoe Butter will come right up!

So all in all, I have to give “Nikki’s Under Picasso Moon” Shealoe Ferox Butter an around the world and back snap!


Oh, P.S., if you happen to try her out, tell her that Stephanie sent you..... :o)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this - I was definitely thinking of switching my lotion from the chemicaly Curel to something more natural, and this will do the trick. Your review sounds great!! I'm glad you like it, I hope I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hair thanks you sooo much for telling us about this on naturallycurly.com-this is replacing my beloved Qhemet....who da thunk lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Anonymous!!!! Not that i intended to replace anyone's HG product, but hey, the stuff is amazing and I can't live without it. I'm glad it worked for you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ordered the Shealoe Ferox and I'm looking forward to trying it, especially since my hair loves aloe vera. Thanks for the product review.

    ReplyDelete