Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Product Review: Greg Juice




There was a contest on NaturalHairGrows.com that required you submit 2 resources that you used to help you with your natural journey. The winner(s) would receive Greg’s Juice from Oyin Handmade. Well, I was excited, I felt like this was possibly something I could go for – and win! Well, I was chosen as one of the winners and couldn’t wait to get the Greg’s Juice. I had been researching it online, but wasn’t sure about making the purchase. This was right on time!

It took about 2 weeks for me to get the package in the mail, but when I did, I was ecstatic! Even my husband teased me about it. I immediately ran upstairs to try the product out. It smelled great! When I sprayed it on my hair it felt pretty good – I mean it should, right? It boasts ingredients like Purified Water Infused with Rosemary, Nettle, Horsetail, Red Sage, Lavender, & Chamomile, Flaxseed Decoction, Organic Aloe Vera Juice, Vegetable Glycerin, Essences of Rosemary, Lavender, Sweet Orange & YlangYlang, Grapefruit Seed Extract, and Vitamin C. What’s not to love?

Well, after a few days of using the Greg’s Juice, I really didn’t notice anything special – at all. For me, water and curl activator or water and shealoe (or any of my other butters) work better for my hair than this. I even tried it on my daughter’s hair just to see if maybe it was just a product that wasn’t compatible with my hair, and still, I didn’t care for the results. The end result almost makes my hair feel dry – like if you hair real fruit juice on your hair – it just had a somewhat dry and sticky feeling.

I know that someone reading this might say, well, this product is great – well, maybe it is….for you, but not for me. I was surprised and disappointed because I don’t think I have ever really had any hair product that didn’t work or show favorable results on my hair. I’m lucky – I have very user/product friendly hair. I am so glad that I got the product for free. If I had spent $11 (plus shipping) on this product I would have been thoroughly upset. Getting to try it for free was a blessing.

So all in all, I have to give Oyin Greg’s Juice a
On a side note, it does smell like berries.......maybe I can use it as a body spray.....

1 comment:

  1. I saw that and was tempted to try.... guess not!

    ReplyDelete