Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What was I thinking?

Ok, so this morning I got up and co-washed my hair. Not just any co-wash, but a really good one - detangling and everything. Ok, I hadn't done this type of co-wash in weeks because I just hadn't had the time in the mornings to do it.

Well, this morning I was able to peel myself away from the bed before 6:00am so that I could get in the shower and take care of my hair. This co-wash was much needed, let me tell you. My hair has grown a lot over the past few months. I can tell just by the co-washing. My entire experiences with my hair in the shower has gone from less than 5 minutes to more than 10. That's a lot of time when you have kids that need help getting dressed in the morning and a husband that needs that shower that I am hogging!

Any who.....I get in the shower to co-wash and start rinsing my hair. My hair wasn't as soft as it had been for lack of co-washing. I mean I'm sure that's what it is/was. My hair was loving the Suave. I'm sure it is still thanking me. LOL The detangling wasn't bad, it was just that I had one tangle where as I have NEVER had a tangle before, so to me, the detangling session during the co-wash was a bit rough - so what....I'm spoiled. LOL

I did notice a lot of shed hair this time, but that was to be expected since I had not co-washed in a week or more. Still, I didn't like seeing it all. It was a lot of hair (but not really). I think my hair is still thanking me for the co-wash this morning. I'll need to do it every day now, or at least until I henna this weekend.

Lesson learned. I can not afford to get lazy with my hair. I must co-wash a minimum of 4 times per week. Yeah, that's right, 4 times per week. My hair needs it, and since I raised my new naps on co-washing w/ Suave, I have to stick to it. Why mess up a good thing. I'll just have to be quicker in the shower because my husband and water bill are suffering behind my leisurely showers/co-wash sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment