Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Henna #3 & Noticeable Hair Changes


I mixed my henna Friday night so that as soon as I woke up on Saturday I could do it. I woke up about 4:45 am and went ahead and applied the henna. I was so out of it that I forgot to shampoo my hair first! I didn't even think about it until I was sitting with my deep conditioner on. Oh well, I still got the effects of the henna. I was scared tho. LOL

This timed I used 2 boxes of MDH Henna powder. I sure do love that stuff. It rinses soooo easy. No twigs or grit like the Mumtaz Al-Aroosa Henna. And the vibrant red that I got from the MDH henna is totally present. My hair doesn’t seem super dark like the Mumtaz Al-Aroosa Henna made it look. MDH Henna is my top pick and there is no need to go messing it up by using something different.

So yeah, I used 2 boxes. I had to for maximum coverage. My hair isn’t very long. The very back is only CBL, but my hair is just so thick. As straight as I used to wear my hair when I was relaxing it, you would never believe that it would be this thick without chemicals. Now after reading that henna can help your hair to become thicker, I am afraid of what it may look like. Part of me is afraid that I will fail and go running back to relaxing – but I can’t see that happening. Especially after I cut off all of my hair only a year ago.

I have noticed that my hair is flopping a little on the top side. I have even noticed a small patch in the upper right that has nearly stretched all the way out. It’s just like a wavy patch and the very bottom coils. I have noticed that my hair responds a lot better to “product” now than the pre-henna days. I look forward to getting up in the morning just to see what my hair will do or look like.

I must say, the more I henna, the more I like using curl activator for my hair. I really don’t know if I will ever buy Kinky Curly Curling Custard again. Yes, I love the stuff, but with henna and curl activator in my life, who needs to pay $25 for KCCC? I'm just sayin'. Lately, I can’t stay out of the mirror! I keep a little one on my desk at work just so I can see my coils. It’s insane.

Oh, did I mention flopping hair and curl elongation? Yeah, I’m getting that too. I’m only really noticing it in the very top of my head where the coil pattern is a little looser than the rest. It seems like the roughest area is right around my front hairline – STILL! Now giving it credit, the henna has definitely softened it tremendously and it seems like this last henna did a super great job with it. Seriously, so I will note additional changes after next month’s henna. I am anxious to see what new changes my hair will make.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I was just wondering if you could tell me what henna is more affective in turning dark brown hair into redder hair? I've used Reshma, but it only turns my hair red slightly. Thanx:)

    ReplyDelete