Monday, June 29, 2009

Caramel Treatment - Not for Me


All right. Yesterday I did something on a whim. I sat and thought about doing that caramel treatment. The more I thought of it, the more I was ready to take my twists out and give it a try....so I did. I mixed everything and it was not creamy like the article said. I think I may have added too much water. Anywho....

I made the mix and saturated my hair with it. Man!!! It was so much of the mixture! It was seeping all out of the plastic cap I had on - dripping everywhere. I think I kept it on for like an hour before I decided to give up on the process. I rinsed the mix in the shower, and I hated the little black "beads" that were in my hair as I rinsed. The banana was also hard to rinse.

Ok, so I rinse all of the mix from my hair, and continue to co-wash. Imagine my surprise when I get out of the shower to find conditioner caked onto my scalp!!!! I'm sure that happened when the olive oil from the mix and the conditioner got together. Amazing. So then I have to shampoo my scalp to get the caked up conditioner off. Have mercy!


After I do, I just take it to the next level and go with the Kinky Curly Knot Today. I really do love that stuff. I didn't really notice a change in my hair. However, I can not blame it entirely on the process as I did not follow the directions completely. Maybe if I had, I would see a difference.


I think for me, I will just stick with the henna. Henna is my friend and I know just what to expect from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment