Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Products - Am I a junkie?

Ok, I don't consider myself an outright PJ (product junkie), but I am starting to venture out of my comfort zone. My goal is to find the best product for the least amount of money. Sure, when I started my napptural journey, I spared no expense, I bought the Kinky Curly line of products hoping for moisturized and defined coils and curls. Spending about $60 for 3 products. Seeing as how those products (at least the KCCC) lasted me for about 6 months - that's really not bad at all.

BUT, I have been reading and deciding to try different things. I will probably always have Suave Naturals Coconut in my stash. It's my basic cowash product. I love KCCC, but I found that although I don't like the feel of the Long Aid Activator as it goes on my hair, I do love how it feels after it has dried and how it keeps my hair feeling soft after I wake up in the mornings.

So, here are the products I use and my reviews/views of each one.


Shampoo

So, in my stash I have Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo. I probably will not buy another shampoo until I have finished this one. I'll be on the look-out for some reviews on shampoos though. Since I only shampoo my hair about once a month, It will be a while before I am on the search for another. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to leave them in the comments.


Conditioners

Suave Naturals Coconut for cowashing, it's cheap and it gives plenty of "slippage". You know we need that for detangling our precious and fragile napps.

If I want to give my hair a little extra TLC in the way of conditioning, it's Herbal Essences Hydralicious! Yummy. Hydralicious is so thick and creamy and it just coated my hair and made it so soft. This will definitely be a keeper. I was even thinking about phasing Suave out and Hydralicious in as my permanent co-wash product.


Leave-In

I must admit, Kinky Curly Knot Today is superb as a leave-in. It gives great slippage, smells great, and helps with curl definition. As far as leave-in conditioners, this is currently the only one I use.


Curl Definers

My favorite to use is Kinky Curly Curling Custard. Not only does it smell like something you would love to eat, it defines my little coils like nobody's business! However, at $26.00 per jar, it's a little pricey - but this is an all natural product. It also doesn't take very much of the product. A little really does go a long way.

The next thing I tried was Fantasia iC Gel - Olive. This defined my coils, but I just didn't really like how it felt when I was putting the product in my hair. I still use it on very rare occasions.

I am currently using Long Aid Activator Gel. I don't like how this feels when I put it in my hair either, but, the outcome is well worth it. This stuff defines my curls & coils. I have even noticed it to give my curls some "swell". My hair remains moisturized and soft until the next morning. On day two, I never have to reapply more product except for in my "problem" areas. For the rest of my hair, I just wet it in the shower using my hands. Then I can just shake and go. I love it and it is a definite keeper.

If/when I find or try more products, I'll post my feelings on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment