Thursday, May 28, 2009

No Life Preserver or I Gave Up the Security Blanket


Ok, well, this week I have been trying to wear my hair "out" without accessories of any type. These are not limited to but include headbands, scarves, barrettes, click clacks, flowers, etc. It's hard for me to just wear my hair without feeling that it needs something.

How many ladies out there suffer from the "Security Blanket Syndrome"? How difficult was it for you to really give up accessories and feel comfortable enough in your hair that you don't need them? Well, it took me a total of 9 months. That's a pretty long time to be insecure about your hair.

Last week it started with me coming in to work with my hair "out" just so that it could dry, then I would put it up in a puff. Then one morning I literally forgot to put my hair up and people started coming in to work and complimenting my hair. Soooo, I decided to leave my hair "out". It wasn't as bad as I thought it would have been. It's even kind of cute. I just can't wait for my hair to get a little longer to see what it will really look like "out".

No comments:

Post a Comment